COVID-19 MITIGATION REVISED PROBATE COURT SCHEDULE OF SERVICES
To continue providing important services to the public while mitigating the spread of COVID-19, the Probate Court will attempt to control the number of individuals in our waiting room at any given time by suspending our "walk-in" office policy.
As of March 17,2020 the Effingham County Probate Court:
• Will suspend any applications for Concealed Weapons Carry Permits until April13,2020. Licenses that expire on their face during the emergency period will remain in effect during the emergency period. In other words, these permits will remain valid. If your permit was set to expire on or before February 14, 2020,your permit will be deemed as expired due to the grace period being extinguished before the order of the Supreme Court of Georgia.
• Marriage License will continue by appointment only for weddings during the month of March,and the first 14 days of April. Marriage licensing for military personnel under deployment orders will also be taken. All of these applicants will be by appointment only. Please call 912-754-2112 to schedule an appointment.
• Guardianships/Conservatorships by self-represented litigants will be by appointment only. Please call 912-754-2112 to schedule as appointment.
• Estates/Administrations by self-represented litigants will be by appointments only. Please call 912-754-2112 to schedule an appointment.
• This Court will not provide notarizations during this period.
• This Court will continue to address mental health, and other emergency situations.
• No Birth Certificates will be issued
• No Recording of Marriage License will be done.
• Death Certificates will be issued to the Funeral Homes Only.
• No Estates will be Probated until further notice.
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM COMING TO THE COURT IF YOU HAVE A FEVER, OR SYMPTOMS OF RESPIRATORY ILLNESS OR HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO A PERSON WITH THE CORONA VIRUS OR FLU.
PLEASE CHECK ON ANY UPDATES THAT THE PROBATE COURT MAY ISSUE.
PROBATE COURT OPERATIONS DUE TO COVID-19 ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER