Heating Safety Now that colder temperatures are here, we need to take a few minutes to review heating safety.
Please feel free to share these safety tips and attached posters with family, friends, and co-workers.
· Never use an oven to heat your home.
· Keep a 3-foot clearance around heating equipment.
· Turn off portable heaters when you leave the room and before going to bed.
· Make sure fireplaces have screens to prevent sparks from flying out.
· Have heating equipment and chimneys inspected and cleaned every year.
· Install and maintain carbon monoxide alarms, replace them every 5 years.
· For Energy Assistance, contact the referral line at 866-674-6327.